Jeremy hails from North West Ohio and South East Michigan. He has earned hist Bachelors and Associate in Computer Science. Before starting Cerner, he worked for A2 Hosting as a Linux Analyst. While his work focuses being a Linux System Administrator in a large Corporate environment. His passion is in DevOps. He spends most of his personal time working on Chef Cookbooks in a CI pipeline and contributing to writing Inspec test for DISA STIGS
Cerner 2014-08-01 —
Cerner is a health IT corporation based out of Kansas City Missouri. I work specifically in Cernerworks Emerging Technology Solutions as Linux System Administrator.
- Manage Zabbix, a monitoring solution in an n+1 highly available environment.
- Work in a DevOps environment.
- Experience using Chef, creating roles, environment files, encrypted data bags, and bootstrapping servers.
- Writing and contributing to Chef Cookbooks.
- Ruby and Bash scripting
- Experience using Splunk to quickly search through logs, and create dashboards to visualize the data.
- Created Splunk dashboards that narrow down all events in our Zabbix logs so we can track down all issues to make sure our consumers can get the most value out of there monitoring by knowing right away when something is not working as expected.
- Teach other associates in areas I am more knowledgeable.
- Not only work with my team to accomplish task and projects, but also with many other teams across Cerner, such as: Development, networking, security, infrastructure, and management. Work on an on-call rotation as well as an on-call 24/7 for solutions I am a primary Engineer for.
A2 Hosting 2014-02-01 — 2014-07-26
A2 Hosting web hosting company based out of Ann Arbor Michigan. They offer everything from a basic website to high-performance virtual private servers.
- Work remotely from home.
- Support Customers via Phone, Live Chat, and Support Tickets
- Migrate client cPanel accounts from other hosts to our servers as well as internally.
- I assist customers with Pre-sales and sales questions.
- Provide server-side support for hosting services.
- Review abusive accounts and proceed accordingly.
- Work with 3rd party abuse companies to take down malicious sites.
Technology Experts 2012-03-01 — 2014-02-01
Technology Experts is a managed service provider based out of Monroe Michigan. The provide the full IT department experience without having to hire an on-site IT staff.
- Migrated users and all data from one PC to another.
- Virus Removal
- Hardware and software installation.
- Dealt with Software manufacturers to repair, recover, or transfer their software.
- Managed hardware and software firewalls to open or restrict access.
- Operating system installation and maintenance (OS and NOS)
- Technical Remote Support.
- Create self-service documentation.
- Deal with Outlook and Exchange issues.
- Migrate Websites to Wordpress and manage domains and mail in Plesk.
- Mass workstation /email migrations
ITT-Technical Institute of Technology 2010-12-01 — 2012-09-01
ITT-Technical Institute of Technology 2008-07-01 — 2010-12-01
Splunk Certified User 6.x
Red Hat Certified System Administrator
Chef Fluency Badge
Zabbix Certified Professional
Linux System Admin
- CI pipeline
- Wayside Waifs Animal Shelter Volunteer